Self care is so important for your mental health. There are so many forms of self care out there but one common thing to do is journal.
Journaling can help you think deeper about things in your life. It can help you better understand yourself and can even help you make changes for the better. Plus it can help you get things off your mind which frees up space for other important tasks you need to get done.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and don’t claim to be one. The statements on this blog are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The author does not in any way guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message and will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Always consult your personal physician for specific medical advice.
Of course you could just journal whatever you are feeling that day or you could use journal prompts. These writing prompts are made to help you think and dig deep into what makes you function.
I’ve included 31 journal prompts so that you have one for each day. Try out journaling for a month and I promise it’ll help your mental health.
1. What’s something that’s been bothering me lately?
2. What brings me joy?
3. What do I dislike most about my life?
4. What do I like most about my life?
5. What things am I most thankful for right now?
6. What is something I can do to make my life better?
7. Write a thank you letter to your body
8. What positive changes have you made in your life in the past year?
9. What negative changes have you made in your life in the past year?
10. Write a letter to yourself 5 years ago
11. Write a letter to yourself 5 years from now
12. What is something you are proud of yourself for?
13. What is your love language? What makes you feel loved?
14. When are you at your best?
15. When are you the happiest?
16. What motivates you the most?
17. What activities fill your cup?
18. What activities drain you?
19. What are your 3 biggest insecurities?
20. Who inspires you the most?
21. What are your top 3 current goals?
22. What in your morning routine is working for you?
23. What in your morning routine needs to change?
24. What do you need to get off your chest?
25. What is one lesson you’ve learned in the past month?
26. How do you feel right now?
27. What historical time period would you most like to visit?
28. What historical person would you like to have a conversation with?
29. What would your dream job be if money wasn’t an issue?
30. What would your dream life be if money wasn’t an issue?
31. What are your 3 favorite things right now? Why?
These journal prompts are meant to help you with self-reflection. They are made to make you think about yourself and to help you create a better version of yourself.
If you are looking for more journal prompt ideas be sure to check out our self care bundle. It’s completely free and you’ll get more journal prompts, no cost self care ideas, a journal page, a self care tracker and more! Just click below if you are interested!
Do you journal? What are some of your favorite journal prompts?