5 Best Tips for Getting a Better Night Sleep
I don’t know about you guys but there have been nights were I just laid in bed staring at the ceiling because I couldn’t sleep. It used to take me hours to fall asleep and it was so frustrating because then I was exhausted in the morning. I did some research and I found a couple things that work great in helping me get a better night sleep so I wanted to share with you. Sleep is so important for us to be able to function in our daily lives, so let’s jump into those tips for how to sleep better.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these link.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and don’t claim to be one. The statements on this blog are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The author does not in any way guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message and will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Always consult your personal physician for specific medical advice.
What qualifies as getting a better night sleep?
Getting a good night sleep means falling asleep easy, staying asleep, and waking up in the morning feeling rested and ready to go. All of these things play a role in getting a good night sleep and without the first two you probably won’t wake up feeling rested.
Why does this sleeplessness happen?
There are a multitude of reasons why you could be having trouble with your sleep. In my experience, if I could just fall asleep then I would stay asleep and feel a lot better in the morning. But there are health reasons, deficiencies, stress, or so many other reasons why you could have trouble sleeping.
5 Best Tips to Getting a Better Night Sleep
Tip 1: Use Magnesium lotion before bed
- Magnesium is used in the body in so many different ways but one big way is that it helps with sleep. A lot of people that have trouble sleeping are deficient in Magnesium. Supplementing by using a lotion can help improve your sleep. Also, Magnesium helps your body regulate stress. If you think stress is a reason that you are having trouble falling asleep, Magnesium would probably be a big help for you.
- This is the Magnesium lotion we use and would recommend. It is infused with Lavender oil so it’s great to use right before bed. It goes on smooth and smells great!
Tip 2: Diffuse essential oils before bed and while sleeping.
- You guys know I love oils and one of my favorite ways to use them is by diffusing them to help with sleep. I have a diffuser right beside my bed and I fill it up every night. Some of the oils I love diffusing for sleep are Lavender, Sleepyize, Cedarwood, White Angelica, and Peace & Calming. There are so many other great sleep support oils but these are just some of my favorites. You need to find what works best for you and which ones your body responds to best.
- This is the diffuser we have in our bedroom and it works great. It can light up a bunch of different colors or you can turn the light off. There are also a ton of great and affordable options on Amazon.
Tip 3: Stop using your cell phone at least an hour before bed.
- Yes, I know it’s hard to put down the phone but trust me, it helps. Studies have shown that blue light can disrupt sleep patterns and we all know that cellphones and other screens put off blue light. Instead of using these things before bed you could try reading a book to help yourself wind down.
Tip 4: Make sure your room is dark
- This is somewhat going off of tip 3 but you need to make sure your room is dark. Light coming into the room in any way can disrupt sleep or cause distractions. I know there are some people that say they have to sleep with a night light or something and that’s fine, just make sure it’s not a blue light and it’s very dim. We use blackout curtains in our room and we shut the door completely at night. The only light in our room is the little button on the diffuser.
- There are tons of great options for blackout curtains on Amazon!
Tip 5: Use a fan or sound machine
- I’m one of those people that cannot sleep without a fan or at least without some kind of constant noise. If the room is silent then I hear every little pop and crack throughout the house and it hinders me from falling asleep. Like I said, my husband and I sleep with a fan but my daughter sleeps with a sound machine and she has since she started sleeping in her own room. We all sleep so much better when there is some type of white noise playing.
- This is the sound machine we have for our daughter and it’s worked great so far. She started to be scared of the dark so we have been leaving the projector on and she loves it.
The Last Thing You Need to Know about Getting a Better Night Sleep
There can be a multitude of different reasons that you are having trouble falling asleep but I hope these tips help you in getting a better night sleep. I know how frustrating sleeplessness can be but trust me, there’s hope for a good night sleep.
Leave me a comment down below and let me know if any of these things helped you. Also, if you think this article would be helpful for your friends, feel free to share it.
If you liked this be sure to check out The Beginners Guide to Natural Living.